Niflheim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Pally Prioritization

2 posters

Go down

Holy Pally Prioritization Empty Holy Pally Prioritization

Post  pyrisilla Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi, Im a new holy pally so i got a few questions.
Prioritize haste or crit?

Stacking Crit - More efficient per heal casted
RNG is unpredictable
Healing unreliable very unpredictable
Stacks with mastery (crit = bigger shield).
Makes it easier to top hp pools with less spellcasts, but based on RNG and also unreliable.
Affects all spells.

Stacking Haste - More efficient spell output,
no RNG means reliability in casting out heals predictability.
Healing is reliable and constant.
Topping HP pools consist of casting more spells to top, reliable to top HP pools.
Doesn't affects Holy Shock, WoG, LoD.

Both to me have their equal strong points, however could the guild like tell me on their preference and playstyle to go with?
If possible give me your own take on this also. Thanks

For myself: I stack Crit, Base crit: 25%, haste: 4%.
Spam DL on tank if HP loss is more then 35k.
HS, HL, DL or FoL on raid if necessary and based on situation.
Keep 100% uptime [Judgement of the Pure] +9% haste.
Use [Divine Favor] with HR for added efficiency.
Use Dream Owl, Arcane Torrent, Divine Plea, Lay on Hands for mana regen.
I never use LoD in favor of multiple single-target healing + WoG.
Seldom oom and find topping tank (in raid) or party (5mans) an ease.
I find that most raids have a 10% speed buff. And i feel u can have too much haste, but you cant have too much crit.

Please those who played pallies or have pallies, help me out here?

pyrisilla

Back to top Go down

Holy Pally Prioritization Empty Re: Holy Pally Prioritization

Post  BanLeng Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Ok, I've been healing since TBC until now, although atm my MS is DPS but I fairly know pretty much bout Holy as well...don't forget Zygard aka Joosefu being my mentor as well during Wrath.

So to answer your question whether to go mastery/crit/haste, it depends on raid tbh.

Because if it is 25man, probably 2 or 3 Holy pallies, each of them will prioritize 1 stats.

For instance; in 10m...tank low on HP, u cast DL, ur hoping for a CRIT BIG HEALS 40K, but it didnt...then tank died, 1 of the reason is that ur DL is a mere milisecond slower....this is just an example of not having enough haste.

Now Cata 10m is very different, when 1 member dies...its a potential wipe already...so in my opinion, haste gives the better advantage of all, heals FAST BUT atm...balancing both haste and crit is the way for 10m, mine is 12.34% haste and 11.89% crit, all my gears definitely have haste..then just put int+spirit or int+haste gems...

every player is diff...if u stack CRIT and ur very comfortable of playing it (because ur familar with ur toons cast time), being able to keep members alive...by all means go ahead with it cheers

Just atm...do not go for mastery...its a big NO NO

Ur rotation i see nothing wrong, pretty much the same as mine...sometimes i have a tendency to judge for mana return than to top up a member abit lol
BanLeng
BanLeng
Officers

Back to top Go down