Niflheim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conclave of 4 winds

+4
MervinFtw
botc
Vindiktiv
Beljoseph
8 posters

Go down

Conclave of 4 winds Empty Conclave of 4 winds

Post  Beljoseph Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 pm

This fight is pretty much the same compared to all the other fights you have done till now...

The only difference is the addition of a "storm-shield" buff on the wind boss Rohash whereby it will absorb 400k dmg and every sec the shield is up, lots of massive dmg will be coming in.

the raid will be split up into 3 groups on the 3 platforms.

1) Nezir Platform: 1 tank, 2 healers (These 2 healers will form Team 1)
2) Rohash Platform: 7 to 8 dpsers (Preferably melee) 3 healers (These 3 healers will form Team 2) Will be discussing the concept of Team 1 & 2
3) Anshal Platform: 2 tanks (1 to tank Anshal the whole fight, the other to keep swapping with current tank on Nezir to reset Frost Debuff)
2 Heals ( 1 to stay with tank full time, the other to swap to Nezir during Ulti to help heal)
7 dpsers (1 frost dk to kite flowers full time, to have some hunters, destro locks, mages to help cc when kiter calls for it!!!!!)

The goal is to ensure a few things,

1) No one to get more than 5 stacks of frost debuff ( We will probably be going with 4 stacks )
2) No one to get too many stacks of wind debuff from Rohash (except for rogues who can cloak)
3) To ensure we have enough ppl on Nezir Platform during Ultimate, all dpsers will be going to Nezir, the only ppl staying behind will be 1 tank + 1heal + KIter@ Anshal & 1 healer @ Rohash
4) Ensure that adds do not go near tank or raid or kiter (they hit hard after soaking ultimate, and the aoe can drop ppl in 1 sec with just 3 stacks!!!!!)
4(a) To ensure that this does not happen, tank that is tanking Anshal will have to move boss in direction of kiter when new adds spawn. (will elaborate more on this unless someone is able to put up the video link for me)
5) Communication is very important, as I am not on the other platforms... I have no idea what is going wrong there, so I will need you to keep me updated on things there, whoever... also impt to ensure all the bosses' health are at where we want them....
6) As i mentioned earlier for healers at Rohash and Nezir platforms, you will be splitted into Team 1 & 2, when we call for the swap that is around 4 stacks of frost debuff, one healer will always remain on platform while the other healers make their way to other platform... once the new healers have come to replace the old ones, the sole healer who was left behind will make his swap then.... (VERY IMPORTANT, TO SWAP ONLY AFTER WINDBLAST IF IT IS APPROACHING!!!!!)

These are some of my thoughts on what we should be doing, please feel free to add on...

Thanks!

Beljoseph
Officers

Back to top Go down

Conclave of 4 winds Empty Re: Conclave of 4 winds

Post  Vindiktiv Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Found this kiting guide for DKs. Sangre might want to take a look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTLvb09x-_I

Vindiktiv

Back to top Go down

Post  botc Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:00 pm

As what joseph has mention regarding the concept of Team 1 and 2 , based from our number of attempts last sunday i was able to get a rough idea of how it is supposed to work.Basically the 5 healers that are inside this 2 team would have to swap position among one another to ensure that the slicing gale debuff from the wind boss and the ice debuff doesn't stack up too high.The swapping during this encounter are something like this

Beginning
Team 1(ice boss)
Healer A
Healer B

Team 2 (wind boss)
Healer C
Healer D
Healer E

Healer A will start and remain at ice boss until the ice boss reaches around 45 energy.Once the boss reaches 45 energy,immediately fly over to the wind boss to swap position with Healer C.During this period, a fresh tank will also swap position with the starting ice boss tank. The healers position will be something like this now.

Ice Boss
Healer B
Healer C

Wind Boss
Healer A
Healer D
Healer E

Healers will remain with this setup until the next swapping which occurs at 70 energy.At this time, Healer D and E will fly over to the ice boss along with the other dps that jumps over around this period too.The healers position will be something like this now.

Ice Boss
Healer B
Healer C
Healer D
Healer E

Wind Boss
Healer A

The last swapping before the ultimate will occur between healer B and Healer A at around 85 energy.With this method, Healer B will arrives at the wind boss with a possible of 0 stacks of wind debuff.Besides that, the ice debuff for Healer A would falls off around this time too.The best class to soak the wind ultimate would be some1 that can levitate or possess the engineering skill to reduce fall damage.

During Ultimate

Ice Boss
Healer A
Healer C
Healer D
Healer E

Wind Boss
Healer B

After the ultimate finishes, Healer C D and E will remain at ice boss until the wind boss finishes casting wind blast which occurs shortly after the ultimate finishes.Dps and Healer C D and E will jump back to wind platform after the wind blast finishes and be prepared for the next storm shield . When healer C D and E arrives at wind platform, Healer B will jump back to the ice platform.Now,the healers position will be back to the original starting lineup.Rinse and repeat after this.

By using this swapping method, Healer A and B will have 0 stacks of debuff during the ultimate and Healer C D and E will have around 2-4 stacks of ice debuff.

botc

Back to top Go down

Post  MervinFtw Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:03 am

Let down this boss !! its easier than other HM we already downed.

MervinFtw
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Gigabyte Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:34 am

On the platform for Nezir(nature boss), we could possibly put a priest(shadow/healer) or a destro lock while sangre is kiting, cos from what i noticed it's usually during ulti or when wind boss had the shield thing up and 1 or 2 adds poked sangre in his butt and he dies. + Sometimes new adds spawn etc etc. This way, the priest can lifegrip sangre far away from the adds (holy priest have the sprint bubble so it's quite helpful for sangre) and he can continue kiting or a lock could shadowfury.

Hunters could get a spec that have entrapment. So our snake/frost trap can "root" the adds to help with sangre to kite adds while we are at nature boss.
At wind boss, range/healer if there is not enough time or u know you cant outrun the wind blast(the op knockback shit) just jump off the platform. @ least u dont get damaged or knocked back to africa and slowly spin back. (I know cos i have been knocked back to alakir platform when i failed to dodge it last time).

Gigabyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sangre Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 pm

ANSHAL

Anshal Kite:

Frost DK 1x -Kiter. DnD// Hungering Cold// Chilblains
Rogue 1x -Threat Assist. Trix DK// FoK adds
Mage 1-2x -CC Assist. Ring O Frost// Nova (emergencies)
Hunter good2have -Threat Assist. MD// (*Do NOT use slowing traps)

*passive Slow Debuff clashes with others. Creates kiting issues.

1. Boss tanked @ corner after {Soothing}.
2. Boss casts {Nurture}
3. Adds Spawn. DK [DnD] near Raid and Tank (!!! Raid get into DnD coverage !!!)
4. Rogue [Trix] + [FoK]; Hunter [MD] latespawn Adds to DK

5. DK kites 5 Adds ~2.5 rounds around out edge of platform. First {Ulti}
6. Mage(s) assist with [RoF]. [Nova] upon vent call.
7. 10-15 secs to 2nd {Nurture}, DK [Hungering Cold] adds ~opposite of Tank/Boss

8. Rinse n Repeat from 2.

Bosses should die around the time the 3rd wave of adds spawn.

points to consider:

-Anshal dpsers/heals stack up into the coverage of DnD when you return from Frost Ulti; and just when Nurture is about to end. No compromises.
-No DoTs/cleave dmg from Anshal Dpsers as soon as 1st wave is up. Please.
-Anshal Tank try to keep Anshal in ur corner as best as you can. Esp after the first Ulti. (BoomBoom train of adds coming around)
-Rogue take note of ur Trix count (only next 6 hits xfers)
-Hunters/Rogue/Mages come to DK kiter if any residual add is still on you. (Healer's love much appreciated here)
-Mages pls consider not moving towards the adds when the adds are exploding ( lol Mad.. Razz )

Exciled, Mad, Mia, Giga... <3 you much.

ROHASH

-As for this guy... dpsers juz care more for the 3 Tornadoes. Surviving = more dps.
-If 'nadoes are in Melee, just gtfo; or walk further back to reposition urself. Don't risk it. Pls.
-Wind Blast / Shield: Yes, dps the fuck out of the shield asap. No, don't just stand there and tunnel while he appears to be doing nothing.
-During Wind Blast countdown, hes going to turn his WallOfWTFPWNJOOWind Clockwise. But only when he finishes the cast.
-Therefore, make a choice:
1. Get rdy to run clockwise while dpsing him and avoiding 'nadoes.
2. Get to the Left of where hes facing to avoid his face as he turns the other way.
All this, of course, is subjected to the 'nadoes position at the point of time.

MISC

-Some things can be improved upon such as Raid Recovery... and rebuffs. Listen to Zygard and head off to ur own platforms only when he calls on vent etc. Waiting awhile longer for everyone to get back; and then moving out > everyone getting in position quickly only to find someone not there and missing buffs.
-wipe fast means fuckin wipe fast. Don't waste time.
-if u gotta discuss something impt or have to leave ur keyboard for awhile after wiping, pls do at least let someone/healer know so he can rezz u upon runback; and not juz releasing and running back after u get back to ur keyboard irl.

KTHNXBAI.

Sangre

Back to top Go down

Post  phush Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:31 am

Actually, a point and question to add here. The reason for melees to be on Rohash (wind boss) is due to the strat where Anshal adds (nature boss) are being killed right? (i.e. ranged are ideal at adds killing to avoid the aoe splash damage). Is there any other reason why melees are at Rohash and ranged at Anshal?

So.. if the adds are not being killed and kited forever by a frost dk, does it make more sense to put melees back at Anshal and ranged at Rohash (except for the hunters that might be needed at Anshal). Is it super easier for range to avoid the wind blast and tornadoes?

phush

Back to top Go down

Post  Exciled Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:02 pm

phush wrote:Actually, a point and question to add here. The reason for melees to be on Rohash (wind boss) is due to the strat where Anshal adds (nature boss) are being killed right? (i.e. ranged are ideal at adds killing to avoid the aoe splash damage). Is there any other reason why melees are at Rohash and ranged at Anshal?

So.. if the adds are not being killed and kited forever by a frost dk, does it make more sense to put melees back at Anshal and ranged at Rohash (except for the hunters that might be needed at Anshal). Is it super easier for range to avoid the wind blast and tornadoes?

we got to do a poll on this, coz not all raiders are familiar with one of the boss (wind/nature). Smile

Exciled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum