Niflheim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroic 25m Valiona and Theralion

+7
MervinFtw
Shizu
naly (mia)
demonheartx
phush
Cyonra
botc
11 posters

Go down

Heroic 25m Valiona and Theralion Empty Heroic 25m Valiona and Theralion

Post  botc Tue May 31, 2011 6:20 pm

Cant find much video guide on 25m except tankspot so ill just use it as a reference.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boq8KzafMKQ

Heroic encounter are pretty much the same as normal except that now we have to enter the twilight realm via dazzling destruction/twilight shift/deep breath to kill the twilight sentries that are bombarding the 'real' realm with their orb attacks.This encounter depends largely on how well we control the number of twilight sentries throughout the encounter as poor control of these sentries will eventually leads to high raid damage and wipe.1st half of the fight are all about controlling the twilight sentries and raid damage, where else the 2nd half of the fight boils down to a burn/dps race before the raid gets overwhelm by the orb attacks.

Phase 1 (Valiona Ground/Theralion Air)
Phase 1 are pretty much the same as normal with the exception that blackout hits alot harder now.Personal and raid cooldowns must be used to deal with the 1st few blackout to lessen the burden for the healers.During this phase Theraliona will bombard the raid with Twilight Blast just like the normal encounter, however given that there will be less space to move/stand around the boss since this is a 25m raid, its best to just stand and soak the damage.In my opinion as a healer, as long as there is only 1 person that are getting hit by the twilight blast, its perfectly fine.The problem that we face here is when people are not spreading out far enough from one another and ended up 2 or more people getting hit by the same twilight blast. Raider would have to take note of people that are around them to ensure that there is no1 within 8 yards of them, and immediately after avoiding the devouring flames(valiona frontal cone breath thingy), reposition yourself and check your surrounding again.However, if you think that you are able to avoid the twilight blast completely by moving away from the impact zone , go ahead and do so Smile Dbm has an option to do a /yell when twilight blast is on you. Enabling this option will greatly help people that around you to move away from you if they are close by.I recommend every raider that are using dbm to enable this option as it will reduce the damage taken by the raid.Phase 1 ends when Theraliona begins to cast dazzling destruction.

Transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2
As I have mentioned earlier, entering twilight realm are an important aspect in the heroic encounter. We will designate 2 teams of 5 people to enter the twilight realm on each transition phase. The 1st possible chance to enter the twilight realm would be through standing on the dazzling destruction. The 1st team would have to take note of when to stand on the dazzling destruction as it is recommended to enter the twilight realm through the last wave of dazzling destruction.Best class to enter the twilight realm would be rogues,pallies,mages. Boomkin are also a good option since starfall and multi-dotting works well inside the twilight realm.Basically inside the twilight realm, each team that comprises of 1 healer and 4 dps would have to take out as many twilight sentries before the stacking dot reaches too high.Classes such as rogues,pallies and mages have the ability(iceblock/bubble/cloak) to remove the stack enabling them to survive longer within the twilight realm. For this reason itself, these classes will be the prime candidate to enter the twilight realm unless there are a shortage of these class during the raid. Knowing when to exit the realm or removing the stacking dot is important during this period as the healer within the twilight realm might not be able to keep up with the stacking dot.

Phase 2(Valiona Air/Theralion Ground)
Same as normal. Team that enters the twilight realm would most likely join back the ‘real’ realm towards the end of this phase.

Transition from Phase 2 back to Phase 1
The 2nd opportunity to enter twilight realm comes after Valiona lands using the twilight shift mechanics.The 2nd designated realm team will have to stand around the tank that has 4 stacks of twilight swift in order to get ported into the twilight realm along with the tank. I would say that during this transitioning period, it will get messy and intense due to the fact that right after valiona lands the next blackout will appear shortly/there will still be people that are affected by engulfing magic/and the designated realm team needs to get ready to get ported inside. Immediately after valiona lands, every1 except the realm team needs to be near the boss tail to get ready to soak the blackout damage.Priest barrier along with pally’s Divine guardian works well during this part.Due to the fact that there will be less people stacking up for blackout during this part, personal and raid cooldowns must be used.

Phase 1 again(Round 2)
After the transition period, we will repeat phase 1 again with the exception that there will be 1 extra blackout during the dazzling destruction period.Best possible option would be to simply ignore this blackout and let the person dies.Other than that, the 1st team that enters the twilight realm will once again enters the twilight realm via the dazzling destruction.This will be the final and last group to enter the twilight realm.We don’t need any more people to enter the twilight realm again after this.

Phase 2 again(Round 2)
Same as before.

Phase 1 again(Round 3)
Sacrifice whoever that gets targeted by blackout.Burn boss before we get overwhelmed by flying orbs.

Class Role
Tanks-Coordinate the twilight shift stack mechanics,tank boss at middle of the room and prepare to reposition the boss if fabulous flames hits the melees.Watch out for deep breath too!
Melees-Spread around the boss during phase 1 and try to avoid the twilight blast, stack up at tail during phase 2.Pay close attention to engulfing magic and get ready to move out!
Casters-Spread around the boss on both phase.Pay close attention to devouring flames and engulfing magic!
Healers-Coordinates cooldowns for the 1st four blackout.Healing rain/sanctuary/efflorescence must be on the melees during phase 2 to maximize those healing spell capabilities.Take advantage of engulfing magic if you can to produce some imba heals during the 10sec period.Pay close attention to devouring flames and engulfing magic!
Realm Team- Get ready to get ported inside the twilight realm and be cautious of your surrounding when you are inside to avoid getting killed by stacking dot and floating orbs.

Personal Suggestion
Twilight blast should only hit 1 target MAX per hit.If you are lazy or can’t avoid the twilight blast on time,make sure no1 is within 8 yards. I suggest only healing through 4 blackout max during this encounter.Any subsequent blackout should either be negated through bubble/iceblock or just simply let the person dies n brez them up after that.Healing will be very intense especially during the 2nd round of phase 1 onwards. We will most likely go through 3 rounds of phase 1 and 2 rounds of phase 2 before we down this boss. I don’t have much experience on the twilight shift and the twilight realm mechanics so ill leave it up to other people that have experience on it .

botc

Back to top Go down

Heroic 25m Valiona and Theralion Empty Re: Heroic 25m Valiona and Theralion

Post  Cyonra Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:11 am

In reguards to phase 2 in the twilight zone rogues specced properly should be able to soak alot of dmg. There are posts about sub rogues staying endlessly, I have yet to find a video on that but I am doing the research. The idea is that since rogues can vanish and CoS out of debuff with shirt CDs in sub spec they can last longer. I would like to also state that after going into twilight zone it's not easy to manuver between orbs of death. Sub spec would increase survivability with the use of Shadow Step. Also with the Rogue ability recuperate rogues can sub a small amount of DPS for self heals. I would like to try both combat spec and sub spec in there w/o leaving until ph1 round 2. Combat spec uses Recup in tree as a filler, with points in (which I have) you take less dmg while recup is active and get a larger benifit from heals. If recup is put into a CP rotation a rogue should be able to sustain more ticks before having to use COS/Vanish. CoS has 45sec cd and vanish 3min. Also Combat rogues have KS(Killing Spree) which also jumps you closer to target with perfect position. The range is not as far as SS but is just as effective in getting directly to target. Would like to try this or hear what the other rogues think. Reply or let me know in game. -Cy-

Cyonra

Back to top Go down

Post  phush Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:17 am

Please... can we gimp this encounter with all our rogues speccing 8/2/31. kthx.

phush

Back to top Go down

Post  demonheartx Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:48 pm

i agree with phush , i want all rogues to use that spec for this encounter. it will improve out chance of downing the boss greatly.

demonheartx
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  naly (mia) Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:07 pm

question : im already going inside twilight zone many time last raid. Why i always get a damage from drake and its very pain? btw im never touch the boom.

naly (mia)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shizu Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAby8VmT738 (sub rogue POV)

l2rogue

cheers

Shizu

Back to top Go down

Post  MervinFtw Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:37 am

Very detailed guide, nice Very Happy

Maybe we can assign a team into twilight realm, go in for like 10 secs and move out and then just leave the rogues in there to kill off as much sentries as possible.

As for healing , during valiona air and theralion ground phrase, I would suggest NOT spreading out too far from the raid if u get engulfing flame. (For E.G, Having players at the sides of opposites stairs, sometimes healers may have problem reaching u , and shit happens. I guess there is no need to spread so wide. This was one problem I felt the last time we did Valiona.HM)

I guess staying compact together would be better and not inflicting engulfing magic damage on others. The more healers that can reach u , the higher chance u might survive and others too.

One question I have is , Is it good for range dps to hit both valiona and theralion during the very start of the fight ??? Any reasons to do it ??

MervinFtw
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Beljoseph Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Just one thing that we might do differently from what Botc has said, is that we will enter the 2nd time to twilight realm through the 3rd Deep Breath...

We will see how this works out.

Beljoseph
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Helsynki Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:00 am

are we going to send only 1 rogue in to twilight realm or both? i saw shizu's video and want to ask can the healers handle that many adds up at a time with 1 rogue in there and considering how slow it takes to kill the adds 1 at a time as sub .. just curious

Helsynki

Back to top Go down

Post  madmaltese Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:30 pm

we will be doin multiple as in we will try 3 see how u guys go
the least amount that we will send will be 2
but most likely be 3 to kill faster
also we know that u can attack the boss in the twighlight so if u kill adds fast enough and there isnt adds tere u can attack boss

madmaltese

Back to top Go down

Post  Helsynki Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:41 am

either way, a healer is going to have to come down at some point to heal the rogues .. we may last longer but we are still getting hp slowly whittled down

Helsynki

Back to top Go down

Post  madmaltese Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 am

Yeah ok so a run down for the twighlight realm it most likely will be Vengee, Cyonra, Wishd, Exciled and myself going down in the twighlight wholes after first change. Vengee will bubble i will block and you guys will do ur thing. For now You will get heals. Then on Breath Zygard will go down and then bubble so most time you will have a healer there wont be too much for you guys with out a healer i feel this will be the safest way. It wont put to much presure we arnt just goin to hope that you guys can pull it off with out the heals. Now this is one idea. Let me know wat you think Wish

madmaltese

Back to top Go down

Post  Exciled Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:27 pm

just a side note. we dont have to be targeting the same target right, so the healer might have prob reaching us. but that isnt really impt as they only have to drop like 1 or 2 heals on each of us before exiting. from the video that shizu posted, the rogue seems to stayed in the realm thruout the whole fight. i assume that we'll be doing the same. so good luck Smile

Exciled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down