Niflheim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firelands, Lord Rhyolith 10m Heroic Strat!

+3
MervinFtw
Beljoseph
Gigabyte
7 posters

Go down

Firelands, Lord Rhyolith 10m Heroic Strat! Empty Firelands, Lord Rhyolith 10m Heroic Strat!

Post  Gigabyte Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Here's the video to start off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90IFF-1rE7c

Raid Set-up: 1 tank 2 healers 7 dps or 1 tank 3 heals 6 dps.
Leg group consist of 2 to 3 dps. (preferbly melees)
Adds group consist of 3 to 4 dps 1 tank 2/3 healers.

Raid position:
The adds group: The adds group would be at a side near the lava. The tank would be mosly standing still and the range dps @ the adds group and healer would be near the tank but spread around the tank. A pally healer would have righteous fury on while healing the tank. The reason is this: The adds will spawn on players and by righteous fury healing, the pally will have the most aggro (think heroic deathbringer Saurfang). The tank then can grab aggro easier from 1 target than running around trying to get aggro on the small adds (same thing for the big add). This time the adds group will just kill the adds asap.

The LEGS groups aka the leg commanders: With 3 dps, steering would be faster so while hitting the legs, you can cleave the small adds. If we have a frost or unholy dk it'll be good to snare the adds behind the boss. so while dpsing the legs to steer the boss, cleave it so the adds will die and lesser adds will hit the boss.

This strat allow us to have more dps on both adds and legs. Easier to dodge the volcano lines as we are all not cluster fucking at the middle. Tank have easier time taking aggro on the adds. probably less healing intensive as people will take lesser raid damage(mainly from volcano lines). And it kinda solves the "i-cant-see-anything-cos-everything-is-here" + adds group probably have a easier time to tell where active volcanos are and tell the leg commanders.

Once obsidian armor is down = nuke the legs time. and Hit p2 it will be like Ulduar koloron eye beam. Once he target any raid member, that person run out of the raid and keep running. The Beam WILL do aoe damage like koloron's eye beam.

This is just a strat i saw from the video so give some comments kgo. Especially you, pretty boy sangre.

Gigabyte

Back to top Go down

Firelands, Lord Rhyolith 10m Heroic Strat! Empty Re: Firelands, Lord Rhyolith 10m Heroic Strat!

Post  Gigabyte Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:57 pm

With that being posted, another thing to take note. Leg commander please do not cleave the fragments or u will most probably die lol.

Gigabyte

Back to top Go down

Firelands, Lord Rhyolith 10m Heroic Strat! Empty Re: Firelands, Lord Rhyolith 10m Heroic Strat!

Post  Beljoseph Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:50 am

Fragments wont spawn on melee?

Beljoseph
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  MervinFtw Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Beljoseph wrote:Fragments wont spawn on melee?
Fragment & Spark dpser can help pull , if tank n healer didnt manage to taunt all of the fragments

Anyway, Sunday we will only be doing 1 hour on this boss, so i think we should settle the assignments in forums.
I would suggest:

If 1 Tank, 2 H , 7 DPS.

Melees: Sangre , Gripee and BoTc ( Feral ) on Legs
Range DPS: Inferness, Akashah, Gigabyte and Vinditiv on Sparks and Fragments.

If we are doing what is done in this video, Vinditiv most probably cannot be Demo because the Fragments and sparks are tanked together right??

Basically, Sangre will be steering commander, while gripee and botc try to get some time off to dps those slimes, Gripee must have chill bains. The main objective here to kite the slimes, if possible than we kill it.

Heals: Zygard on Demonheartz with the righteous fury strategy
Masabeta , Heal raid.

If we doing 3 heals:

Among Giga,me,akashah and vinditiv: Pick one dps who can move and still do good dps while steering the legs. This is because I think its better to have 3 steering legs and with another 3 dps on fragments and sparks, should be no problem.

Please help to improve the assignments or strategies who any of u have any better ideas.

MervinFtw
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Vindiktiv Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Think I should continue to stay demo since demo AOE is pretty good. Would be a pity not to go demo for this fight. I probably can't do single target dps on the legs because demo single target dps is not that good.

Btw, might not hv to wait for armor to completely disappear before nuking boss. Some grps start to nuke when it reaches 20 stacks or so. They ignore the 4th spark and nuked the boss after finishing off the fragments. Can't remember how many sparks we got to on thurs. But we can probably try this out.

Vindiktiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Beljoseph Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:47 pm

everyone, please take a look at this new video... some british accent guys.... but this explains almost everything...

Type FatbossTV in youtube to go to his channel...

Beljoseph
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  botc Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Joseph discussed with me just now regarding our raid comp..most likely we will go 1 tank 2 heals 7 dps.
Heals will be zygard and masa,however it might subject to change since resto shammy+holy pally comp is kinda bad for raid healing.

For the dps matter,we will have at least 4 dps on boss,meaning if we want the boss to move straight,we will split 2 dps on each leg and not just 'stop' dps.We will split the leg dps grp into 1 melee 1 range.This way,if we need more dps on fragment and sparks,range dps can switch and help out.Take note that we should be dpsing the boss as much as possible while we are tryng to remove the armor buff because there is no point removing the armor buff to 0 but the boss life is still very high.Ideally the boss should be ard 50% or so when all the armor buff are almost removed.That way we can bloodlust and push to phase 2 easily.

The remaining range dps will be vin,mervin and me(boomkin).We will handle the sparks and slimes as much as possible along with dpsing the fragment when the stacks reaches 3 or 4.

botc

Back to top Go down

Post  MervinFtw Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Beljoseph wrote:everyone, please take a look at this new video... some british accent guys.... but this explains almost everything...

Type FatbossTV in youtube to go to his channel...

Link : https://www.youtube.com/user/FatbossTV?blend=21&ob=5#p/u/1/ejAKEb_NSRQ

MervinFtw
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Beljoseph Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Okay, just some new findings and some stuff that we can improve on....

1) Each Slime add that reaches boss not only gives him back 1% armor, he also regains 1% hp... This is bad.... We can go about 3 ways for this, (1) Keep adds controlled... (2) Kill them constantly either when they are nicely bundled up or just dot and have one dps assigned on slime adds that are 1/2 way nearing the boss... (3) Keep adds controlled and only kill those that are nearing boss...

For me i prefer either 1 or 3 but definitely 3 is the best imo. Going about 3 will require knockbacks, slows, deathgrips... and the such... Then after which we will assign one dps, the floater... to kill adds nearing boss, (again i stress, when i say nearing, it means when they are 1/2 close to boss, and when boss is going to make a U turn, thats when hes bound to gain slimes, floater needs to be aware of what decisions that are needed to be made, might even need to call out for ppl to ae adds down...

For dps of normal adds, that is Spark / Fragments, from the many videos I have seen, I suggest killing them asap esp the Spark when they spawned, maybe with the exception of fragments that spawned when big add is still up, for that situation, let them aggro to me, I will have Righteous fury up and Richard will only have to get to me to ae taunt adds off me... this situation should happen no more than 4 times in fight due to no. of sparks...

Positioning of raid, I suggest standing close and loosely spread from each other, for more efficient raid healing, especially with masa chain heal / healing rain / my holy radiance...

We will prolly have dps split in this manner....

2 Melee on legs full time, 5 range to go on Spark when it spawns asap...

1 floater to focus on slimes.. (Botc) that I will assign u since you are doing pushbacks, Masa plz help with slow totem if mana and healing permits, Phush, Sangre, death grip whenever possible (esp when u get knockbacked away from boss stomp), Giga help with frost trap, Dennis that ice spell of yours... All to help on adds that are nearing boss... I do not know the math but i would say helping on the early adds (when boss is at around 40% armor and above will help alot)... anyway bot, u are full time on add control, but once burn is called, dont bother abt them unless there are like 10 reaching him.... I WILL NEED SOMEONE TO MONITOR THE NUMBER OF STACKS HE GAIN PER FIGHT.... Bot, ur dps will be mainly slimes, you might want to either wait for them to gather ae or single target(multi dot those that are nearing or bound to reach boss) You shouldnt have the time to dps legs save for dots... dps spark as well.

Dennis, you will help mainly with leg steering and dps... help out with Spark/ MAYBE ae as well... (please let me know if ae is good for arcane mage, if its not that crucial and we find adds going down fast, I want you to jst focus legs and spark)

Vin/Mervin, dots on both legs, ae frags, kill spark... dont bother dpsing slimes unless we got lots close to boss and we call for ae.... (for eg when frags and stacked near them)

Giga, you will focus alot on adds mainly on adds... spark and frags, help with legs if time permits... and also slime adds

Beljoseph
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Beljoseph Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:36 pm

EDIT!!!!

Bot u just go in erm... the Sun stance and dot up the whole world... spam ur moonfire/sunfire i mean... seen some logs whereby boomkin utilise that dmg to great extent... u should keep up sun stance the whole p1. dont go into moon stance just to kill spark. at all, your main dps should be slimes and frags, legs... with your dots and ae...

Beljoseph
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Gigabyte Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:08 am

I noticed something from the videos. The big adds are usually taken down by 2 dps. With that being said 2 dps will be full time on the legs and 2 dps will be on fragments and legs while cleaving slimes.

There are a few variations of combos i see:

1: The 1 tank 3 heals 6 dps that stacks near the boss. Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uj9QFiy1S8

This strat, the 1 tank will be always pick up the Spark(The big add) only. The fragments(small adds) apparently are tanked by a frost DK @ the leg. They had the hunter focus one leg, and the arcane mage the other. To turn, one would switch to the other. The frost dk and the demo lock focused on the fragments. The warlock double dotted the legs and spark as well. The boomkin and spriest double dotted the legs and focused the spark. The frost DK focused also on keeping chillbains on the small adds, and splitting dps on legs whenever fragments were dead.

For us, We could do with:
Demonheartz(tank)
Zygard(heals)
Masa(Heals)
Botc(Heals or Boomkin) (If Dps go on sparks and dot the legs)
Inferness (Spriest or Heals) (If dps go on sparks and dot both legs)
Gigabyte (Leg DPS )
Akasha (Leg dps)
Sangre (Fragment/leg/slime cleave dps)
Gripee (same as sangre)
Vindiktiv (Maybe can go demo. Whichever is good to do dots of both legs/aoe fragments and dps the sparks) (Not sure about demo lock's single target dps on the sparks would be good)

This way, both DK can drop DnD when fragments spawns to pick them up(since we got 2 dk they can take turn) while vin and 2 dps just go aoe/cleave the adds) meanwhile,the slimes will also be cleave and chillblaine spammed. Akasha and I will dps the legs. inferness or botc will dps the sparks and dot the legs. This way we can max dps on fragments/sparks and legs to bring it down to p2 before 5mins mark.

Guys give some comments on what you think about the aboved strat.

2: The MCO alliance guild way. The way they do it and the way we tried is totally different. They are using 2 heals. The pally healer is constantly healing with righteous fury, tank pick up all the add and stand at 1 side with the healer throughout p1. This means the priest(2nd healer) is actually topping the raid up. 2 range dps are on adds full time. They used a Hunter and a mage. Hunter is SV spec and mage is arcane. The rest of the dps are Leg dps. This means they have 5 dps on legs and slimes full time. Their lock is affliction and their druid is boomkin. From what i see their lock is simply just dotting every slime and both legs. The druid are doing about the same with sunfire and mushroom.

Here is what our 10m can break down:

Demonheartz(tank the sparks and fragments) Tank
Zygard(heal) healer
Gigabyte (SV spec full time on adds) DPS
Akasha (Arcane spec full time on adds) DPS
Sangre (Frost Spec full time on legs and cleave slimes) (Not sure if unholy is better as they can spread aids to the slimes) DPS
Gripee (Same comment as sangre) DPS
Vindiktiv (Dot both legs and dot the slimes especially with SoC)

Ok here is the ticky part. Apparently having a healer using HoT as 2nd healer is very useful for this fight. Most guilds i see are disc or holy priest.
Inferness - (Healer or dps)
Botc (Healer or DPS but boomkins are kinda op for this fight)
Masa (Could go DPS or heal) (Ele he can thunderstomp the adds away or if he wants to go enh that is awesome too)

This strat will allow us to have dps on the legs fast enough to bring it to p2 while dpsing the legs. And the DK must be spamming chillblaine(spelling?) full time on slimes. Oh another note, i figured while dotting the slimes i think the lock is also spamming seed of corruption on them. When they go BOOM! it's alot of damage seeing how many slimes there is. DK can also turn around if the slimes are near and spam howling blast.

Please give comments for this too.

Gigabyte

Back to top Go down

Post  demonheartx Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 pm

i would suggest we try the first strat with sangre and phush grabbing the fragments and bringing to the legs to aoe with the slimes. This will maximise dps for the legs /slimes /fragments. But we would have to see the dps on the sparks too , if its enuff anot.

demonheartx
GM

Back to top Go down

Post  botc Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 pm

eh got raid 2night?i just only found out got maintenance lol

botc

Back to top Go down

Post  phush Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:25 pm

same, just found out... well.. server won't be back until 1AM server time at the earliest... and who knows it might be extended further.

phush

Back to top Go down

Post  Vindiktiv Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 pm

joseph told me to be online when server is up at 11pm leh. maybe clear the normal mode bosses first lor.

Vindiktiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down