Niflheim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEROIC 25 MALORIAK STRATEGY AND GUIDE, ALL RAIDERS TO READ

+16
Asphyxiate
Jsha
Elffiz
madmaltese
Helsynki
Dooid
botc
Beljoseph
akashah
Shizu
naly (mia)
Vindiktiv
Masabate
laogan
Exciled
MervinFtw
20 posters

Go down

HEROIC 25 MALORIAK STRATEGY AND GUIDE, ALL RAIDERS TO READ Empty HEROIC 25 MALORIAK STRATEGY AND GUIDE, ALL RAIDERS TO READ

Post  MervinFtw Fri May 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Good Day my fellow raiding addicts!, my name is mervinliena.

Please watch the 2 Heroic Maloriak Videos before attending this coming raid for Heroic Maloriak. Appreciate your time spent on this thread, We hope to down Maloriak HM asap.

This Video Assumes u understand every single NOrmal mode Ability of Maloriak:
Website Direct Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v1vNrSJ460&feature=related

As for this Video, its good to watch as it is a great step by step guide on Maloriak Hardmode 25:
Website Direct Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEKDfkibY-g&NR=1

In Depth Niflheim Raid Strategy for Tanks, DPS and Healers

THROUGH OUT ALL PHRASES, ARCANE STORM MUST BE INTERRUPTED AT THE VERY FIRST TICK OR IMMEDIATELY.

Phrase 1 (Dark Sludge Phrase)

Main Tank on Maloriak: Rotate CDs for "Engulfing Breath"
Off Tank Kiting Adds: Pre-Plan a Kiting path for adds and make sure your raid knows the path.

DPS: Seek out a balance DPS for Adds and Maloriak, U have 90 Secs to kill those Adds. Also, Range DpSers DO NOT ENGAGE in the Path of the Tank Kiting.Curse of tongues must also be placed on Maloriak through out the fight.

Healers: Ensure Main Tank is Top to Full before Engulfing Breath (or within the 3 secs cast time of Engulfing breath). It will help a lot if Healers can set Maloriak on focus, hence able to see engulfing breaths being cast.

Phrase 2 (Red of Blue phrase, Assuming we get Red Phrase)

Everyone: Stack up , except for the ones who gets the "Consuming Flames".

Off Tank Kiting (1 or 2 tanks) : Decide on how many abberations cast to interrupt.

Healers: Rotate CDs for Scorching Blast. Aura Master Plus Power Word Barriers. Also, there will be 2 Scorching blast cast each Red Phrase. (It is important to Form a CD rotation among the Healers.)

Cheating Scorching Blast??? : Not sure if it works, if u notice in the videos posted, a tank or melee ate the Scorching Blast alone. Guardian Spirit or the power of Battle Ressurection. We have to test this out.

Phrase 3 (Red of Blue, assuming its blue)

1. Pre- Plan on spreading out the raid evenly.

2. Move Away from Flash Freezed targets.

DPS: DO NOT DPS THE FLASH FREEZE TARGETS UNLESS THEY ARE FULLY HEALED OR U MIGHT BLOW THEM UP UPON RELEASING THEM. (Frozen Targets will take an initial damage upon being hit by it, and another spike damage when the Flash Freeze casing is broken)

Healers: Top those Frozen targets to full

Phrase 4 (GREEN PHRASE)

DUH?? KILL ADDs, HEAL TANK LIKE MAD, THEY TAKE ALOT MORE DAMAGE.

Final Phrase:

Main Tank: Assign an area which u will drop the magma jets and make sure the raids dont get close to it.

Off tank: Kite and tank adds till Maloriak is dead

DPS & Heals: WATCH OUT FOR FROZEN BALLS!, THEY WILL EAT IN UP IN HARD MODE, MOVE AWAY , SCREAM IN VENT WHEN U SEE ONE.

Healers: Rotation is a must for Acid Nova, A MUST to do as acid nova might end up killing the Tanks. (HYMN OF HOPE + XXX.)

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Please do leave your comments to at least show that you have read this thread. People who dont read strats and fail in raid will be sit out during raid on progression bosses. REGARDLESS OF RANK.

Other Information:

Picture Overview of Maloriak Hardmode Phrases: (Website Link, From MMO-Champion)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/861282-Heroic-Maloriak-Guide-(25-man)

MervinFtw
Members

Back to top Go down

HEROIC 25 MALORIAK STRATEGY AND GUIDE, ALL RAIDERS TO READ Empty Re: HEROIC 25 MALORIAK STRATEGY AND GUIDE, ALL RAIDERS TO READ

Post  Exciled Fri May 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Smile

Exciled

Back to top Go down

HEROIC 25 MALORIAK STRATEGY AND GUIDE, ALL RAIDERS TO READ Empty Re: HEROIC 25 MALORIAK STRATEGY AND GUIDE, ALL RAIDERS TO READ

Post  laogan Sat May 28, 2011 12:42 am

Hi,

As requested to make some comments, me and gripee have some backgrd experience with maloriak in our 10m heroic days with tempest. So gonna make some comments on what i feel would be the problem that we will face during attempts of maloriak.

Phrase 1 (Dark Sludge Phrase)

Main Tank on Maloriak: Rotate CDs for "Engulfing Breath"
Off Tank Kiting Adds: Pre-Plan a Kiting path for adds and make sure your raid knows the path.

[Comments]
Threat on the adds must be steadily kept on tank at all time. Letting one adds lose causes alot of chaos due to the cum that will spread on the floor. Most importantly is that the dps doesnt stand in the KITING path of the tank at all times, DPS/Healer must always be at the back of the kiting path while dpsing. It will screw up the kiting path for the tanks which will cause lesser area to run and stand.

DPS: Seek out a balance DPS for Adds and Maloriak, U have 90 Secs to kill those Adds. Also, Range DpSers DO NOT ENGAGE in the Path of the Tank Kiting.Curse of tongues must also be placed on Maloriak through out the fight.

[Comments]
During adds phase, all dps should be on the adds. No one should be on maloriak during adds phase.

Final Phrase:

DPS & Heals: WATCH OUT FOR FROZEN BALLS!, THEY WILL EAT IN UP IN HARD MODE, MOVE AWAY , SCREAM IN VENT WHEN U SEE ONE.
[Comments]
In Heroic mode, frozen balls are almost an instant kill. Most of the time if a frozen ball spawn up in a melee range(which it happen during my previous attempts), the tank must be able to take note and tank the boss away from the balls with the DPSers running away. If i rem correctly, the ball will target someone in the raid, individual melee/dps that moves away from the frozen ball prevent a grp from getting killed, minimally spreading out might be a good idea.

laogan

Back to top Go down

Post  Masabate Sat May 28, 2011 1:10 am

Phase 1 seems like a total dps race while moving out of dark pools.
90seconds to kill adds = 18seconds on each add and 5.6M hp each add.
With 16 dps, its roughly 19kdps per dps lol
AoE is important but single target is probably better as less black slimes up = less dark pools
Every other phase seems like a heal-and-dps-harder phases.
Seems hardcore tho.

Masabate

Back to top Go down

Post  Vindiktiv Sat May 28, 2011 1:31 am

Add tank will probably have to utilize the whole room to kite the vile swills. Don't think our way of limiting the kite path to a smaller rectangle in our attempts on Wed will work as the tank will most likely run of out space to kite due to the increasing number of puddles.

Vindiktiv

Back to top Go down

Post  naly (mia) Sat May 28, 2011 4:11 am

Totally in red n blue phase same like normal?

naly (mia)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shizu Sat May 28, 2011 7:44 am

Regarding the so called cheating engulfing breath, what the tank in the vid did was to use ardent defender and soak the breath alone.
This is the only viable way. (Guardian Angel doesnt work for this) Wink

Shizu

Back to top Go down

Post  MervinFtw Sat May 28, 2011 4:36 pm

naly (mia) wrote:Totally in red n blue phase same like normal?
Yes, totally same i guess. But every thing just hits alot harder lol pale

Shizu (Shizu) wrote:Regarding the so called cheating engulfing breath, what the tank in the
vid did was to use ardent defender and soak the breath alone. This is the only viable way.
Thanks for the information Very Happy

Laogan (Laogan) wrote: Threat on the adds must be steadily kept on tank at all
time. Letting one adds lose causes alot of chaos due to the cum that
will spread on the floor. Most importantly is that the dps doesnt stand
in the KITING path of the tank at all times, DPS/Healer must always be
at the back of the kiting path while dpsing. It will screw up the
kiting path for the tanks which will cause lesser area to run and stand.
Yea, good advice there. There we have it !, where our melee dpsers should position themselves.

MervinFtw
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  akashah Sat May 28, 2011 6:33 pm

HEROIC 25 MALORIAK STRATEGY AND GUIDE, ALL RAIDERS TO READ Malori13

I believe the problem we are facing now is the black phrase so i will only comment on how i think this should be done.

This is for the black phrase where the sludge are spawn. Tank tanking it move along the black lines i have drawn out. Raid dps and healer spread as show in the picture. No one except the tank should be along the black line kiting path. Even u are moving away from a sludge pool move within the area. Tank tanking the sludge mark up the dps target so all dps can FF on 1. We will target to kill all the adds by the time the tank kited to the end of the path.

We need to target min only 2 mini phrase cycle. 1 is possible but 2 is the max we should go for. More then that i believe we will have problem with the enrage and healing. I believe the key thing is this black phrase. Once we can survive through this phrase the rest we can easily work on it.

If we ever get to P2, Tank have to kite the rest of the adds left and BL to burn the boss. Avoid the icy thingy and flame jets and is a race to kill the boss or we wipe.

akashah

Back to top Go down

Post  Beljoseph Sat May 28, 2011 11:59 pm

From the videos that I have seen, most raid have their dps aoe the adds down... so we may eventually go with that..

With the argent defender ability, we will defeintely use that for 1st scorching blast, the next 2 will be negated with the help of barrier / totem / am, execution is important here as healers will be spending alot of mana...

For black puddles, u guys really have to avoid these, and like what was already mentioned, DO NOT stand in tank's kiting path...

Another thing to note for green phase, not only adds and boss will be taking more dmg, the raid is also taking more dmg during that time.. so tanks be ready to pop cd, healers as well on tank.

Last but not least, the interrupts MUST GO WELL.... interrupt the arcane storms (all of them). For adds, interurpt the ones before black phase, meaning to say the one that normally releases during green phase as well...!

Beljoseph
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  botc Sun May 29, 2011 12:40 am

saw a helpful post abt interupting arcane storm at tankspot forum
apparently before the boss start channeling the arcane storm a cloud will spawn on top the boss
immediately after that the channel phase wil start
i guess interrupters can watch out for this 'cloud' besides relying on dbm timer

botc

Back to top Go down

Post  Dooid Sun May 29, 2011 1:25 am

reporting in~~~ bounce bounce bounce
Dooid
Dooid

Back to top Go down

Post  Helsynki Sun May 29, 2011 6:07 am

I suppose the tank has to move quite fast and far to avoid issues with melee dps on the adds .. then again that might cause threat problems. Would u say the add kiting is similar to Nef adds in p3 in terms of the speed at which the tank has to move?

Helsynki

Back to top Go down

Post  madmaltese Sun May 29, 2011 8:13 am

Everyone has great tips everything that has been brought to our attention will be discussed so we can have a few plans set to work on for mondays raid. I hope everyone has watched it and i thank the people that have posted and commented and helped in anyway this is what we want in future for every progression fight. It makes it easier for us knowing you guys have an understanding of the mechanics of the fight. I would like to see when we mention black puddle or any part of the fight we dont get questions about it that have been mentioned in forum.

Now to the fight
as wish said in last post the speed of the adds is something that will be mentioned and tested since it most likely will be like nef. In the way the black puddles will be spawing in this fight and will be similar to fire in nef. That said we will have melee on the adds most probably because we can not crowd the MT on mal. With that note i will hope that the melee on the adds dont get the tank killed by standing in front of the tank and also not to far behind to be on the puddles that the tank gets. You can see a black spray before the puddle lands and you can avoid the puddle completely i did it on wed so it can be done. Now with positioning this is a different story we cant have people running into people i understand at the start its goin to be a lil hard but when ur moving out of ur puddle dont run into someone else since they might have a puddle spawning on them in a sec or same time and you then will take more damage. A lot of this is common sense and easy to avoid as long as your paying attention

Another note we will have to have people watchin the interupts 100% coz any raid damage is bad damage especially from Arcane storm as inferness said no more then one tick is allowed. I understand its hard to watch the floor and watch Cd's of the boss. Now in the forum theres posts about addons everyone has dbm or something like it. I find the best way is to have dbms big msg in front of you where ur char is so u can watch the black puddles and watch the cd's at the same time.

As joseph said about the aoe for the adds depending on our aoe we will have to see like akasha said each black ooze that dies is one less puddle that will spawn. As Masabate also said there will be a lot of dps needed to kill the adds before phase change. Once again these are things that will be tested on monday if we can pump out the significant dps needed to kill adds together and its faster then fine but as everyone knows the way one group does the fight might not be the same for everyone.

Now for RED AND BLUE
everyone here has done these phases so we expect no mistakes none at all. These arnt to hard especially for dps i understand the healing intensiveness of these might be so its going to be a test for the healers on controlling there mana but like joesph said barriers/totems/divine guardian all this shit will be used during fire. We have 2-3 tranqs and a lot of shit to help us. BUT things that wont be tolerated are standing to close together and killin ur raider in bluse phase coz this is somethin that can be avoided as long as ur paying attention.

madmaltese

Back to top Go down

Post  Elffiz Sun May 29, 2011 9:24 am

Have read all info n watched vids for this fight, great info from Merv, Laogan & Mad~!

Elffiz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jsha Sun May 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Sorry, just got back from drunken nights with Richard, Uncle and Eugene.

I know the videos say this, say that, we should do this bla bla bla bla....

I still think single targeting the black adds are better, accompanies by the fact that almost half our DPs'ers are melees, i'm not confident of pulling 5.6 Million HP in AoE less than a minute. Yes, i know the guide says we got 90 seconds etc, but u see, half the time, the raid will be moving around alot, and i don' think range DPs'ers can just stand and AoE for very long.

That being said, just let the Tank mark 1 to DPS and we can follow at least until how we can AoE them down easily.

The other phases should be easier to handle.

Just that the damned Ice Nova/Prison thingy hits so damn hard.

Jsha

Back to top Go down

Post  Asphyxiate Mon May 30, 2011 11:10 am

Biggest problem would be to avoid puddles while keeping out of the tanks way and being able keep high aoe to kill the adds. It would be much more helpful if hunters didn't MD Maloriak on pull but save MD for the black slimes. Also they shouldn't cast frost trap or it'll be hard to see puddles.

It's much easier for ranged to DPS slimes imo and seems a fair challenge for melee. If melee has to go around puddles then there will be quite a substantial DPS loss

Done this in 10man but it'll be much more chaotic with 15 more people in the raid.

Good luck ! Smile

Asphyxiate

Back to top Go down

Post  Helsynki Mon May 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Another issue we're gonna have to deal with are the passive "slow" abilities. The slimes are not immune to slows so things like mage's slow, hunter barrage talent, deadly brew proc and blade twisting procs might cause issues. Obviously we wont be needing frost traps at the pace the tanks will have to move but the tank will have to find that "Sweet spot" in moving the adds and the distance required to move to make up for the slows.

Helsynki

Back to top Go down

Post  vengee Mon May 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Gonna help consecrate the adds Razz cheers

vengee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mesothorny Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

venge says he hamsum.... Very Happy

Mesothorny

Back to top Go down

Post  phush Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:11 am

Additional comments after our good atttempts on Monday.

Can we tank Maloriak in last phase as shown in the vid below? The phase starts at ~9:08 of the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppA3EBsGBrk
As you can see, the 1st fire line goes out after the 4th one is casted.

Pros - it clears the room for the raid to move around from frozen orbs with the big and predictable gaps between the fire. Especially for the melees, I noticed when it was tanked on the edges of the rooms, I can't go in to melee due to the fires in between me and Maloriak. It gets quite congested the way we do it at the moment.
Maloriak tank can also avoid the frozen orb by moving in any direction of the 4 line paths for the fire.

Cons - Primal adds tank has to be aware of where the boss is facing, especially after running from a frozen orb so you are not in the path of the fire.

I'd like to add my agreement to the slowing talent & abilities comment during the slime black phase. Do not use it. When the slime gets slowed, puddles form around them and it takes more time before they clear the puddles. This makes melees unable to reach them to dps without taking damage themselves. It also prevents the tank from building more threat, as there will some slimes who are way back while some will be in front (very frustrating for a non-range tank like a warrior). The tank kite pace on the slimes + dps is sufficient without slows. I personally spec out of Chillblains as a frost dk so I don't slow them.

For melees, the aoe spell effect from demo warlocks are also annoying in hiding the slime puddles. This is unavoidable, but turning the particle graphic effect to Fair seems to improve it slightly.

phush

Back to top Go down

Post  madmaltese Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey guys its mad again

Another point would like to bring up now as experience from me and seein the looks shit fire on everything and standing on top of the tank. I understand thats ur best aoe in moving and same for me and other mages with arcane explosion ticking for 6-9k every 1sec. With that said i would like to see a 3 line as in the tank in the middle and the locks on the right side of the adds and the mages on the left side and the melee runnin with the tank. This is possible and this also takes out the worries of you standing on top of puddles. Also for locks and mages JUST LOOK how big ur aoe is u dont have to be on top of the adds it doesnt work like the closer the add is to you the more damage it does the center of the aoe isnt the strongest its all the same. So you can stand away from the adds instead of on top of them. The adds phase isnt a big problem but this would help in keeping the healers with more mana so plz be aware and i will bring this up again tonight.

In regards to were to tank mal in P2 the way demon did it last night for normal is fine it makes a short path of fire the only downside is MAL IS AN ASS. Because he will start casting and sometimes there is a chance that he will move and face you even thou he shouldnt. I tanked it last night and found this happen to me 2 times i had cd's so it was fine but it does knock you up.

In P2 people should try to keep there defensive cd's ready and there health stones. It would be easier if we have the raid take less damage for green explosion's

THX LOVE U ALL

madmaltese

Back to top Go down

Post  MervinFtw Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:53 am

Although we down the boss,

Let us improve more on the boss fight as we go along, so as to gear every one up with Tier leggings, as well as good tank loot for our dear tanks.

We downed Maloriak 25 HM on the 11th attempts, Lets work to one shotting it every week. Very Happy

MervinFtw
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyonra Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Great tips for the fights, thanks for sharing the info!

Cyonra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down